Job Title: Associate Director of Research
The associate director of research is responsible for the research work leading to the production of policy papers published by Liberty Forum. The person holding this position has to do her/his own research work, supervise research conducted by other people, and present the results to various audiences (media commentaries and conferences). The ideal candidate is a scholar who aspires to an academic and/or research career and wishes to advance the ideas of individual liberty and economic freedom in Greece.
Responsibilities include research support in the form of data management, retrieval, and analysis; Writing of, editing and contributing to scholarly papers, articles, op-eds, and books; creating and formatting charts, graphic displays, and tables; and writing literature reviews and background reports using national and international publications.
Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in economics and public policy as well as experience with economic methodologies, acquiring data from official sources, acquiring and analyzing large data sets, and knowledge of statistical programs. A strong quantitative background is required, and a thorough familiarity with modern econometric techniques is an advantage.
- Conduct primary and comparative economic research.
- Research, write and publish research briefs for the Liberty Forum of Greece on a variety of subjects relating to the Greek economy and political thought.
- Publish op-eds and essays in a variety of media outlets.
- Help prepare remarks for speeches and conferences.
- Assist with special projects.
- Assist in the management of Research interns and fellows.
- Solid knowledge and commitment to the ideas of individual freedom, and the rule of law
- Understand Liberty Forum’s mission and its vision for Greece.
- Excellent writing and research skills, and the ability to summarize vast amounts of information accurately, concisely and clearly.
- Communication: Mastery of Greek and English languages and composition
- Computer: MS Office and Google platforms
Job Type: Full-Time
Education: Master's degree or (preferably) PhD.
Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
Employment: The salary is very competitive for Greek standards and will be commensurate with research experience and academic accomplishments.